Complying with our current mission and projects, The International Hua-Yan Buddhist Federation will hold “Hua-Yan Wisdom Culture Forum” in Bodh Gaya of India, where Buddha got enlightenment; and Lumbini of Nepal, where Buddha was born. The forum will include Buddhist monks and nuns, Buddhist scholars, lay personals from all three Buddhist lineages: Theravada, Mahayana and Vajrayana. The forum will encourage mutual understanding between nations and Buddhist traditions.
TIHBF organized Hua-Yan Mindfulness Pilgrimage in Lumbini March, 2018
We wish the forum will unite all under one Buddha’s teaching through cultural exchange and mutual learning.
We now start to accept buddhist theme essay for the forum. Members of our Essay Evaluation Committee will scan the work. All selected essays will be included in the book of Essay Collection for “Hua-Yan Wisdom Culture Forum”.
All participating essays will be posted in our social medias.
Pray in Sravasti
Pray in Mahabodhi Temple, Bodhigaya, for world peace
Theme Essay Eligibility
* The essay is required to be written in English.
* All buddhist-related topics are accepted.
* No less than 1,500 words, no more than 3,000 words.
* Must have a thesis statement.
* Essays will be collected from below 4 groups
1. Ordained Buddhist monks and nuns from three traditions: Theravada, Mahayana and Vajirayana
2. Buddhist scholars
3. Buddhist lay people
4. Current registered students
* Once accepted, the author automatically gives the publish copyright to The International Hua-Yan Buddhist Federation.
* The finished version has to be emailed to The International Hua-Yan Buddhist Federation at: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Due date: August 15, 2018